May14, (2 or 3 Days) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Master's University, Santa Clarita
Instructors: Greta & Steve Blash
2-Day Agile Essentials + ACP Prep
If you use agile practices in your projects, or your organization is adopting agile approaches to project management, it is important to understand how these impact your current project activities.
Among the top reasons for project failures were various aspects of the predictive or waterfall method utilized by many projects. Research indicated that smaller time frames, with delivery of components early and often, lead to an increased success rate. Projects utilizing agile techniques provide a shortened delivery time frame, along with continued prioritization of features, to ensure that the changing organizational environment can be supported.
PMI® recognizes that knowledge of agile principles, practices, and tools to support the development of applications has been increasing dramatically over the last several years. Research also demonstrates the value that agile methods can have in increasing delivery of business value and agility, improving team productivity and decreasing product defects. This is reflected in the Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments section that has been included for each knowledge area in the 6th edition of the PMBOK® Guide.
The first two days of this workshop will focus on various Agile related topics. Select Agile Essentials registration button for this portion only. Should you wish to continue for a third day, select the Agile Essentials + ACP Prep registration button.
- Understand the agile mindset and principles
- Understand the major agile methods
- Understand team roles and responsibilities associated with various agile methods
- Understand the various tools and techniques associated with different agile methods
- Understand the various knowledge and skills that support an adaptive approach
- Identify where agile practices can be incorporated into various project approaches
- Understand the major agile methods covered on the PMI-ACP® exam (day 3)
- Learn how to pass the PMI-ACP® exam (day 3)
- Agile Mindset and Principles
- Adaptive Planning
- Value-Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
- PMI-ACP® Exam Content Outline Domains and Tasks (day 3)
- How to pass multiple-choice question exams (day 3)
About the Instructors
Greta & Steve Blash have over twenty years of training and consulting experience in the areas of project management, facilitating business requirements and agile software development. They hold PgMP®. PMP®, PMI-ACP®, and PMI-PBA® certifications and have held several PMI® chapter board and Region 7 positions. They also have taught the entire PMI® GAC approved Masters of Project Management (MPM) at Devry/Keller University.
Facilitated Methods is dedicated in assisting you to pass the Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)® exam the first time.
Facilitated Methods is a division of Blash Enterprises, Inc.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT! Get a $100 discount if you register before May 1, 2019 by 11:59PM
- For the 2-Day Agile Essentials Only
- $895 - PMI-LA Members (must log into the PMI-LA website prior to registration to receive the member discounts)
- $1,095 - Non-Members
- For the 3-Day Agile Essentials PLUS ACP Prep (This option is available to add on the Registration form)
- $1,195 - PMI-LA Members (must log into the PMI-LA website prior to registration to receive the member discounts)
- $1,395 - Non-Members
NON-MEMBERS - DON'T MISS OUT ON DISCOUNTS: Up to $500 for this event with Member and Early Bird discounts!
Join PMI and add Los Angeles Chapter to your membership to start benefiting from Exclusive Member Discounts!
- For the 2-Day Agile Essentials Only
- 5 PDUs - Technical Project Management
- 3 PDUs - Leadership
- 4 PDUs - Strategic & Business Management
- For the 3-Day Agile Essentials PLUS ACP Prep
- 14 PDUs - Technical Project Management
- 4 PDUs - Leadership
- 6 PDUs - Strategic & Business Management
Postponement / Cancelation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
The Master's University
21726 Placerita Canyon Rd.
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
Question or Comments