02/01 to 02/03 - 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
Topic: PMP® Certification Boot Camp
Instructor: Michael Haupt
If you have been thinking about taking the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification, now is the time to do it! Before the exam changes in March 2018, to fall in line with the new sixth edition of the PMBOK® Guide.
PMI-Los Angeles Chapter is partnering with PMKAcademy to offer a PMP® Certification Boot Camp for 3 days in early February (worth 35 PDUs), at DeVry University in Sherman Oaks, with special discounted rates of only $999 for PMI members.
About the Instructor
Project Management Knowledge Academy is a leading provider of instructor-led Project Management Workshops offered in flexible training formats suitable for virtually any learning situation. For Project Management Professionals requiring an accelerated path to certification, PMKA’s Project Management certification Boot Camps are the perfect choice. Both Workshops and Boot Camps offer a unique blend of Real life exercises and interactive sessions where the participants get hands on experience. In addition, on-site Project Management training and other dedicated training solutions are available to companies with six or more trainees. Regardless of format or location, these instructor-led training classes deliver exceptional training and comprehensive topic coverage.
Michael Haupt is currently the CEO of the Project Management Knowledge Academy in Thousand Oaks, California. PMK Academy is a leading provider of instructor-led Project Management Workshops and Training offered in flexible training formats suitable for virtually
any learning situation.
Michael is also a Professor teaching Project Management Courses for DeVry University in Sherman Oaks, California and the Keller Graduate School of Management in Sherman Oaks, California.
Michael was the Director of Sales in North America for Tiba LLC, a Project Management training and consulting company located in Southfield, Michigan with headquarters in Munich, Germany.
Michael also recently worked as an Engagement Manager and was involved with the largest Aerospace & Defense SAP ERP/EVMS system implementation in the United States for the F-35
Program at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth, Texas.
Mr. Haupt has served as the VP of Sales for Waer System’s International Aerospace International Aerospace and Defense Practice and the Director of Sales for Epic Data’s Aerospace and Defense Vertical.
He was the Industry Director for Oracle Corporation’s Aerospace and Defense Practice, and the Industry Manager for Aerospace and Defense for SAP America and the Baan Company. He has worked in implementation consulting for Accenture and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young. He also served as the President of Frontier Solutions, a management consulting and education firm in Calabasas, California.
Mr. Haupt has over 25 years of experience in Program/Project management, Earned Value Management, ERP System Design and Implementation, and Sales and Marketing of complex ERP/Supply Chain Management, EVMS/Program and Project Management Systems for the
Aerospace and Defense Industry.
He holds a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and is APICS certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and is a frequent speaker at APICS International conferences and APICS dinner meetings, PMI dinner Meetings, as well as other Aerospace &
Defense related organizations.
He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Central Coast PMI Chapter as the Vice President of Strategy and Operations.
Michael holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Masters of Business Administration from Texas Christian University and a Masters of International Management from Baylor University.
- Tips and Tricks to Pass the Exam
- Foundational Terms and Concepts
- Project Management Framework
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Communications Management
- Human Resource Management
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Exam Review
- Critical Tools to Pass the PMP Exam
Included in the PMP Boot Camp are Case Studies, access to a separate online course from Velociteach which provides another 35 hours of course material. Students are assigned homework every day and also have to complete two assignments before the PMP Boot Camp in order to fulfill the 35-hour requirement to sit for the PMP exam. The online course also includes over 1800 exam questions, a media library and a way to track student progress.
- $1099 - Regular Price
- $999 - PMI-Los Angeles Member Price, discount is applied after you log in
- 23 PDUs - Technical Project Management
- 9 PDUs - Leadership
- 3 PDUs - Strategic & Business Management
Postponement / Cancelation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
15301 Ventura Blvd D-100
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
- Enter through the Self-Park Sepulveda Blvd entrance, on Galleria Gateway. Please enter through the far right lane ONLY. There is a sign at that lane that states “DeVry Student/Faculty parking”.
- Pull a parking ticket. Enter the parking structure.
- Drive up to the 5th level (rooftop) which is the DESIGNATED parking area for DeVry University visitors.
- Once on the rooftop, park and scan your ticket at the scanning machine* located on the wall to the left of the Emergency Exit stairwell near the Comerica Building. That machine should stamp your ticket with an “F”. You may wish to locate the machine and scan your ticket prior to parking
- The rooftop scan is TIME SENSITIVE. You have 15 minutes* from the time you enter the Galleria parking structure at the self-park entrance to scan the ticket you received at entry on the rooftop. Scans completed After 15 minutes are NOT accepted as validated by Galleria parking staff and are subject to posted parking rates.
- The current weekday rate is $2.10 each 15 minutes, with a daily maximum of $21 *Please note: If you do not complete the rooftop scan (Step 4) within 15 minutes, the validation machine in the Admissions/Student Central office will be unable to read your ticket. Without proper validation, you will be subject to pay the regular parking rate mentioned above when exiting.
- Visitors should validate their scanned ticket at the DeVry University campus Front Desk in the Admissions/Student Central Office Monday-Thursday 9AM-8PM, Friday 9AM-7PM and Saturday 9AM-1PM.
- When validated properly the “F” on your ticket will be covered with an “H”
- The current weekday rate after 4:00pm daily maximum is $3: No validation is required for this rate.
-No designated parking area; parking is open per general Galleria parking availability
*DEVRY UNIVERSITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE GALLERIA PARKING CHARGES*
Question or Comments