04/21/2018 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
Speakers: Debbie Lew, Soni Rani
Topic: Enterprise IT Governance, Agile Principles and Methodologies
Calling for project managers, business analysts, developers, military, students, team members, planners, coordinators and anyone interested in growing their leadership and project management skills, learning practical applications and taking themselves to the next level are welcome to join in on the action.
Session # 1: Enterprise IT Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance
Join Debbie Lew for a discussion and workshop to facilitate an understanding of what is enterprise IT governance, risk management and compliance; how do they relate to each other; and, how can project managers leverage this understanding to create increased value for their project team, executive sponsor and organization.
Governance of IT is an integral part of enterprise governance. An understanding of IT governance, risk management and compliance is required due to the significant opportunities, costs, and risks associated with IT especially when managing significant initiatives. This interactive session will review the importance of enterprise IT governance in enabling the organization’s business strategies and objectives; while managing risk and meeting compliance requirements.
In this workshop, you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the importance of enterprise IT governance and the relationship with project governance
- Describe the key elements of IT risk management with a focus on risk assessment
- Gain an understanding of the activities required to facilitate compliance with laws & regulations, policies and contractual obligations
- Gain an understanding of the life cycle of controls in relationship to IT governance, risk management and compliance
Session #2: Agile Principles and Methodologies - Scrum in Action!
How to apply Agile Values and its principles into projects, tools and techniques used and how they correlate with PMBOK best practices.
In the workshop you will understand:
- Thinking differently with Agile
- Agile Framework – Manifesto, Principles and its relevance (Cheat Sheet)
- Value Driven Delivery – Planning, Delivering, Confirming and Tracking/Reporting Value
- Empirical vs Defined Process
- SCRUM: Joining the two ends – Stakeholders & Development team – Roles, Artifacts and Ceremonies
- Why Stories – Lesson on writing good user stories
- Scrum adoption by firms & institutes
- Continuous Improvement Process – Retrospectives, Process Tailoring, etc.
- And more...
About the Instructors
Debbie Lew is a recently retired Executive Director at Ernst and Young where she was an IT governance, risk and compliance capabilities leader. She has over 20 years of IT information technology industry experience and has led a broad range of advisory engagements involving IT internal controls, compliance, cybersecurity risk management and governance. She directed the assessment, design and implementation of programs and processes for governance, risk management and compliance.
Her careers included leadership roles in Information Technology Audit, Business Process Reengineering, Strategic Planning, PMO and Market Development for a technology company. She has worked in a variety of industries including government, financial services, media and entertainment, oil and gas and healthcare. She is a strong believer in paying it forward and giving back to the community. She is currently ISACA’s (*) Global Chair, Leadership Development Advisory Council, responsible for meeting the board mission of developing a leadership program for ISACA leaders and enabling members to be business leaders in their careers. She was a member of the Audit Committee, Governance Council and a Director on the Global Board of ISACA, She was also the first female member of the COBIT (business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT) Steering Committee and a member of the credentialing task force developing the CRISC certification for IT Risk practitioners.
She is a past president of the Los Angeles ISACA chapter and currently chairs the largest IT governance, assurance, risk management and cybersecurity conference in Southern California. She is on the Accounting and Information System’s Advisory Board of California State University (Northridge) and an Adjunct Professor.
Debbie is a frequent speaker and has been interviewed by SiriusXM Radio - Wharton Business School on the importance of role models for girls. She has been presented ISACAs’ President’s Award for her contributions to the profession and GenHERation’s ICON Award for her contribution to advancing young women.
* Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA) has 140,000 members in over 180 countries and is considered a world leader in the information governance, control, security, and audit profession.
Soni Rani is an experienced Project Manager with more than 10 years of experience in IT, with a Master’s degree in computer science. She has unique skills that connect business, technology and design towards successful deliveries. She reflects a varied personality including ambition and the qualities of generosity and thoughtfulness.
She has led teams across broad technical and business disciplines. Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget and with the desired results. She is a goal oriented, customer focused & tenacious committed to executing first-class under budget. She has a habit of delivering in time every time by balancing the good and the bad.
She has carried out the high-quality delivery of managing and leading software development and enterprise wide implementation projects for F500 clients including: Disney Worldwide Services, Procter & Gamble and Standard Insurance
Key Certifications include : Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI - Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP), ITIL Expert Certified, VCP 5.5 [VMware Certified Professional] Certified, Course on CCNA Introduction to Networks, Performance Engineering Level 1.0 Certification
- 08:30 AM - 09:00 AM - Registration Start, Light Breakfast, Networking
- 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Session #1
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM - Lunch Break & Networking
- 12:30 PM - 02:30 PM - Session #2
- 02:30 PM - 02:45 PM - Break
- 02:45 PM - 04:00 PM - Session #2 Continued
Light Breakfast and Lunch.
Early Bird Discount, until April 10, 11:59 PM
- $75 - for PMI-LA Members (must be logged in to get discount)
- $80 - for non-members
After April 10, 11:59 PM
- $85 - for PMI-LA Members (must be logged in to get discount)
- $90 - for non-members
- 3 PDUs - Technical Project Management
- 2 PDUs - Strategic and Business Management
- 1 PDUs - Leadership
Postponement / Cancelation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
15301 Ventura Blvd,
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
1. Enter through the Self-Park Sepulveda Blvd entrance, on Galleria Gateway. Please enter through the far right lane ONLY. There is a sign at that lane that states “DeVry Student/Faculty parking”.
2. Pull a parking ticket. Enter the parking structure.
3. Drive up to the 5th level (rooftop) which is the DESIGNATED parking area for DeVry University visitors.
4. Once on the rooftop, park and scan your ticket at the scanning machine* located on the wall to the left of the Emergency Exit stairwell near the Comerica Building. That machine should stamp your ticket with an “F”.
You may wish to locate the machine and scan your ticket prior to parking
5. The rooftop scan is TIME SENSITIVE. You have 15 minutes* from the time you enter the Galleria parking structure at the self-park entrance to scan the ticket you received at entry on the rooftop. Scans completed After 15 minutes are NOT accepted as validated by Galleria parking staff and are subject to posted parking rates.
The current weekday rate is $2.20 each 15 minutes, with a daily maximum of $22
*Please note: If you do not complete the rooftop scan (Step 4) within 15 minutes, the validation machine in the Admissions/Student Central office will be unable to read your ticket. Without proper validation you will be subject to pay the regular parking rate mentioned above when exiting.
6. Visitors should validate their scanned ticket at the DeVry University campus Front Desk.
When validated properly the “F” on your ticket will be covered with an “H"
7. The current weekend daily maximum is $3:
-No validation is required for this rate
-No designated parking area; parking is open per general Galleria parking availability -The weekend rate/maximum is in effect Monday-Friday if entering at 4pm or later
*DEVRY UNIVERSITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE GALLERIA PARKING CHARGES*
Question or Comments