10/06/2018 - Saturday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
Speaker: Seyi Kuks
Topic: MS Project Workshop: Learn How to Effectively Plan and Control Projects
Learn to use Microsoft Project to manage small to large-scale projects successfully and efficiently. In this workshop, Seyi Kuks introduces you to the Microsoft Project user interface. You'll plan a project - including creating filters, layouts, baselines and print reports.
You'll also update an un-resourced project, create and assign roles and resources, and control projects with resources and costs. This workshop will cover essential features such as importing and exporting projects, and managing multiple projects.
- Configuring preferences
- Creating a project
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating the WBS
- Adding activities
- Formatting the schedule (bar chart, relationships, constraints, and filters)
- Printing reports
- Updating schedule and baseline comparison
- Creating resources
- Assigning resources and expenses
- Updating a Resourced Schedule
Experience in a project environment and understanding of how projects are planned and controlled. This includes knowledge of the following subjects:
- Basic project management processes
- How to plan a project including the development of a Work Breakdown Structure
- Experience in the use of PCs and an understanding of the operating system
- You will need a personal laptop (Instructions to download the free trial software will be provided).
Here are some helpful videos:
About the Instructor
Seyi Kuks is a Project Controls Consultant and Trainer with 10 years of experience working on projects for a broad range of companies that include LAUSD, L.A. Rams, Walt Disney, Intel Corporation, LAX, and PG&E. His Los Angeles based company, Kuks & Co, offers project controls consulting and training services globally with an emphasis on Project Planning, Scheduling, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
Connect with him on Linkedin to pick his brain and stay in touch.
- Microsoft Project Consulting / Training
- Primavera P6 Consulting / Training / Implementation
- Project Controls Consulting
- Project Schedule Plan Creation
- Project Schedule Plan Management
- Time Impact Analysis
- Critical Path Analysis
- Earned Value Analysis
- 08:30 AM - 09:00 AM - Registration Start, Light Breakfast, Networking
- 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM - Mastering Workplace Performance Seminar
Early Bird Discount, through September 20, 11:59 PM
- $145 - for PMI-LA Members (must be logged in to get discount)
- $160 - for non-members
After September 20
- $160 - for PMI-LA Members (must be logged in to get discount)
- $175 - for non-members
- 4 PDUs - Technical Project Management
- 2 PDUs - Strategic and Business Management
Postponement / Cancelation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
15301 Ventura Blvd,
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
1. Enter through the Self-Park Sepulveda Blvd entrance, on Galleria Gateway. Please enter through the far right lane ONLY. There is a sign at that lane that states “DeVry Student/Faculty parking”.
2. Pull a parking ticket. Enter the parking structure.
3. Drive up to the 5th level (rooftop) which is the DESIGNATED parking area for DeVry University visitors.
4. Once on the rooftop, park and scan your ticket at the scanning machine* located on the wall to the left of the Emergency Exit stairwell near the Comerica Building. That machine should stamp your ticket with an “F”.
You may wish to locate the machine and scan your ticket prior to parking
5. The rooftop scan is TIME SENSITIVE. You have 15 minutes* from the time you enter the Galleria parking structure at the self-park entrance to scan the ticket you received at entry on the rooftop. Scans completed After 15 minutes are NOT accepted as validated by Galleria parking staff and are subject to posted parking rates.
The current weekday rate is $2.20 each 15 minutes, with a daily maximum of $22
*Please note: If you do not complete the rooftop scan (Step 4) within 15 minutes, the validation machine in the Admissions/Student Central office will be unable to read your ticket. Without proper validation you will be subject to pay the regular parking rate mentioned above when exiting.
6. Visitors should validate their scanned ticket at the DeVry University campus Front Desk.
When validated properly the “F” on your ticket will be covered with an “H"
7. The current weekend daily maximum is $3:
-No validation is required for this rate
-No designated parking area; parking is open per general Galleria parking availability -The weekend rate/maximum is in effect Monday-Friday if entering at 4pm or later
*DEVRY UNIVERSITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE GALLERIA PARKING CHARGES*
Question or Comments