What is our goal?
WE DID IT! Let’s do more!
How will we solicit funds/donations?
- Click the "Donate" button on the "Change for Fisher House" widget on the right rail of every page of this site.
- Make a donation via PayPal when you register for any Chapter event.
- Make a cash donation at our September, October, and November Chapter Flagship meetings.
- Bring new, sealed toiletries to any of our upcoming community meetings: toothbrushes and travel-sized lotions, shampoos, soap, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.
Why is our chapter involved with Fisher House?
- Our members have spoken and would like our chapter to be more involved with the communities that we serve.
- We have a diverse set of members and many serving military and veterans are an integral part of our chapter.
- Military and Veterans outreach is an integral part of our strategic plan.
How are we going to help?
- The chapter will solicit donations in cash or kind from our members to be donated to the Fisher House in November.
- With the funds, we plan to buy non-perishable foods for the common pantry that all residents in the house share; we would also like to provide a “Toiletry Care Package” of assorted travel sized items as well as any other household items the house needs to make the residents stay more comfortable.
- In addition, we will provide a Dinner for the current residents and families of the house on November 8th, 2017. Please click on the Members Only page to sign up as a volunteer for this great event. All donations above $1000 will go to making this a memorable event!
A description of Fisher House as noted on its website...
“Fisher House Foundation is best known for a network of comfort homes where military and veterans’ families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment.
These homes are located at major military and VA medical centers nationwide, close to the medical center or hospital they serve. Fisher Houses have up to 21 suites, with private bedrooms and baths. Families share a common kitchen, laundry facilities, a warm dining room and an inviting living room. Fisher House Foundation ensures that there is never a lodging fee. Since inception, the program has saved military and veterans’ families an estimated $360 million in out of pocket costs for lodging and transportation.
Fisher House Foundation also operates the Hero Miles program, using donated frequent flyer miles to bring family members to the bedside of injured service members as well as the Hotels for Heroes program using donated hotel points to allow family members to stay at hotels near medical centers without charge. The Foundation also manages a grant program that supports other military charities and scholarship funds for military children, spouses and children of fallen and disabled veterans.”