No longer accepting applications. Thank you to all who have applied.
Would you like to become a part of the vital, active PMI-LA Chapter leadership team?
Being a member of the Board of Directors,(BoD) provides many benefits for those who volunteer.
As a Board member, you will have the opportunity to gain skills and experience in a full spectrum – leadership, strategic planning, organizational change management, governance, decision making and other leadership disciplines.
***Your Chapter Needs You!***
Board of Directors Benefits:
- Develop a close network with other project managers who are also on the Board
- Improve and practice your leadership and team skills
- Improve your communication and networking skills
- Earn annual PDUs for your time and efforts (PMP or other PMI certificate holders)
- Give back to the project management profession and the Project Management Institution
- Have a major impact on the growth and success of PMI-LA's Chapter and make a contribution that will last well beyond your term of service
- Become an active part of the rapidly growing PMI organization, (430,000 plus members) evolving the profession of project management in over 180 countries
Board members will also have first-hand information regarding the future direction of the project management profession and the tools offered by PMI to grow and excel as a leader.
The Board of Directors Positions
Nominations for 2018 Members of the BoD are now being accepted for the following positions, (click on the links for detailed descriptions):
Board positions are one year terms beginning January 1st of the calendar year following the election. In order to run for a Board position you must be an active PMI-LA Chapter member in good standing. You must be willing to fulfill all of the requirements of the position to include attending monthly Board and Chapter Meetings. The position of President of the BoD also requires previous BoD experience.
The Application Process
To start the application process, please read online or download the following application materials:
3. PMI-LA Bylaws and PMI-LA Strategic Plan (read online)
* Note - Prior to applying for Board membership, please read the PMI-LA Application Process Document and review the detailed expectations for each candidate throughout the application and election process.
To apply, please submit a Candidate Application packet containing the following required materials to the Nominations Committee at: email@example.com by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on Monday, August 28, 2017:
1. Filled in Board of Directors Application
2. A Candidate’s Statement of no more than 400 words
3. The signed PMI-LA Volunteer Bylaws and Strategic Plan sheet, verifying you have read and understood the chapter Bylaws and Strategic Plan
4. A digital photo of yourself
These materials are explained in more detail in the PMI-LA Application Process document and on page 4 of the PMI-LA BOD Application. Both the Candidate’s Statement and digital photo will be posted on the website for reference during the election.
Questions or For More Information
Please contact the Nominations committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barb Cooke, PMP - Trustee (Nominations Committee chair)
Keith Birch - Immediate Past President
Jeanne Takano, PMP - Trustee
AJ Jafari - Trustee
- Chris O'Connell, PMP - Volunteer at Large
The Nominations Committee looks forward to hearing from you and thanks you for your continued interest in, and support of, the PMI-LA Chapter.