04/18/2019 - Thursday, 7:30 am – 8:50 am
Speaker: Cheryl Santor
Public vs Private Sector - Project Management Completion Time and Budget
Project Management is a multi-faceted responsibility where the project manager must keep track of the time and budget associated with completion. The resources used, materials, time and personnel are critical to the project moving and finishing on time.
- What happens when any component is in jeopardy?
- What can be done to correct the obstacles that might disrupt a project or have disrupted a project?
- In the private sector, there are certain things to adhere to where if not met the project could be scrapped.
- In the public sector, do you keep on trudging along and get past the obstacles or is there a possibility of scrapping a project as well.
Experienced with both, we will explore the methods/means of getting the job done.
About the Speaker
Cheryl Santor, CGEIT, CISM, CISA, CISSP, ITIL is a cybersecurity professional for 28 years. As the CISO of Metropolitan Water District worked both locally and nationally to help shape the evolution of cybersecurity. Cheryl is a CGEIT, CISM, CISA, CISSP, ITIL. She worked with DHS NIST to create the Cyber Security Framework. She assisted ISACA to develop the CSX program. Cheryl is deeply involved with ISACA LA, ISSA LA, Infragard LA, and AWWA. She continues to provide awareness of cyber security issues and presents at regional conferences regularly. Cheryl's extensive experience in risk, governance, and compliance have become cornerstones of discussion at numerous security sector-related meetings.
FREE - Registration is required
1 PDU in Strategic & Business
- 7:30am - 7:45am Networking, and PMI Announcements
- 7:45am - 8:45am Presentation
Armstrong Conference Room
100 W. Walnut St.
Pasadena, CA 91124
- Enter the Parsons open lot from either Holly Street or Walnut Street. Take a ticket when you come in. Parking ticket will be validated at Security Desk.
- Park on the east side of the building in the open parking lot.
- Enter the building through the east entrance, there will be a security desk on your left side.
- Sign in with this information: Parsons Manager: Kevin Fichtner; Building: A2, Ext: 3172 626.440.3172
- You will be assigned a temporary badge
Aroma Café is found on the same floor as the Armstrong meeting room. As you come in the building on the west side, turn right just past the security desk. They have coffee, sodas, rolls for sale.
Postponement / Cancellation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
Questions or comments