June 8, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
Instructor: Jeff Freeman
The IoT, AI & the Future of Project Management
The Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Project Management
Project management AI is an integrated system that can administrate projects without requiring human input.
Using the power of artificial intelligence, bots will not only be able to automate tasks, but infer insights to make process recommendations, unveil team insights, and even make project decisions. AI and IoT combine into a powerhouse of actionable information for project managers.
- What is project management AI?
- What is project management IoT?
- Does project management software offer artificial intelligence capabilities yet?
- What are the problems with artificial intelligence in the workplace?
- What does the future of project management look like with IoT and artificial intelligence in the workplace?
By the end of the presentation, the attendees will be able to:
- Convey how he growth of IoT and AI in union are going to change how project management is effectuated - in some industries, that change will be dramatic
- Show how the PM industry will be impacted, especially in project management software and in the project management role itself
- Define terms related to IoT and AI in a way that most people can understand
- Explain the benefits of IoT and AI for businesses and corporations
- Explore the growing interrelationship between project management and AI
- Predict how AI will change the project management profession by 2020
- Highlight foreseen AI challenges for project managers in the workplace
Templates used in the seminar will be made available to all participants.
About the Instructor
Jeff Freeman, PMP, MBA, MS, ITILv3 - Leadership, Experience, Integrity and Results! These are the principals that have led to Jeff Freeman’s corporate and business success. He’s been fortunate to have led many departments, teams and projects to successful results. He stresses focus and execution to deliver high productivity, operational effectiveness and positive financial results.
Currently, Jeff Freeman is the IT Program Manager at Cisco Systems where he oversees large scale healthcare IT clients. Prior to Cisco he was an IT Program Manager at Disney, British Telecom, Infonet and other large-scale organizations. Jeff is a PMP and ITIL certified professional specializing in managing complex telecom refreshes and installations, large-Scale office moves and warehouse upgrades.
He has managed projects for fortune 500 companies, such as, Disney, Accenture, TRW, Proctor and Gamble (P&G), Unilever, Nestle, Bristol Meyers Schibb (BMS), to name a few.
Jeff holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from Long Beach State University, a Master’s degree in Software Engineering from National University and an MBA from Pepperdine University. He is also the co-founder of a non-profit organization called Innovos Robotics, Inc. Innovos Robotics is a competitive high school level robotics organization aimed to innovate the robotics competition environment. Innovos competes head to head on a special playing field with robots they designed, built, and programmed. Innovos’ mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders.
In addition, he is a published author of the book titled Unleash the Beast In You - Go from Good to Great: The Eight Pillars of Optimum Performance (EPOP).
In his spare time, Jeff enjoys his family life with his wife of 25+ years and college age son in Anaheim Hills, CA. He is also an active member of the Project Management Institute of Orange County (PMI-OC). In addition, he is an active member in his church, in Yorba Linda, CA. Mr. Freeman is fortunate to have the opportunity to be a long-time Youth Sports coach in the Orange County community. He's had the pleasure of coaching Pop Warner Football, NJB Basketball, and Little League Baseball. In addition, he enjoys International Traveling, gardening, cooking, and golf.
09:00 AM - 09:30 AM - Registration Start, Light Breakfast, Networking
09:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Presentation and Interaction Session
- $30 - PMI-LA Members (must log into the PMI-LA website prior to registration to receive the member discounts)
- $40 - Non-Members
3 in Technical Project Management
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks Galleria
15301 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Postponement / Cancelation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy page for details
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
Question or Comments