June 22, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
Instructor: Chuck Reitter
The Good, Bad & Ugly of Change Management
Lessons Learned Integrating Change Management into Complex Projects with Up to 30 Million Stakeholders
Leading critical projects that generate lasting business results requires both project management to drive the initiative and change management to reset behaviors and achieve sustainability.
- The presenter will describe techniques combining project management and change management applicable to projects having from three stakeholders up to 30 million stakeholders.
- He’ll use real-world projects to illustrate change management concepts and tactics that attendees will then apply to a case study in small workshop groups.
This combination of real-world examples and hands-on application will provide attendees with tactics and concepts they can immediately apply to their own initiatives where behavioral change is critical to project success.
- Six key questions to allow you to embed change management techniques in your project today.
- Understand where change management fits within the project management methodology.
Learn how change management can keep your project on-schedule, on-budget and on-spec.
About the Instructor
Chuck Reitter, CCMP, PMP, is a Senior Project Management Consultant and Change Management SME with Integrated Project Management Co., Inc., a nationwide consultancy focused to executing client’s critical initiatives.
With more than 40 years’ experience, Chuck has managed change in a variety of projects, from small three-person departments to an airport expansion program with millions of stakeholders. In addition to degrees in journalism and management, Chuck has earned professional credentials in change management (CCMP from ACMP) and project management (PMP from PMI).
Throughout his career, Chuck has led transformation in organizations wearing the titles of President/COO, controller, director of sales and marketing, publisher, editor, financial planner, information manager, business process analyst and project management consultant. He’s led complex projects and change spanning a cross-section of industries including behavioral health care, oil and gas, aviation, government, process chemicals, construction, pharmaceuticals, publishing, insurance, investments, group benefits, direct marketing, and motion picture distribution.
09:00 AM - 09:30 AM - Registration Start, Light Breakfast, Networking
09:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Presentation and Interaction Session
- $30 - PMI-LA Members (must log into the PMI-LA website prior to registration to receive the member discounts)
- $35 - Non-Members
- 1 - Technical
- 1 - Strategic & Business
- 1 - Leadership
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks Galleria
15301 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
- Enter through the Self-Park Sepulveda Blvd entrance, on Galleria Gateway. Please enter through the far right lane ONLY. There is a sign at that lane that states “DeVry Student/Faculty parking”.
- Pull a parking ticket. Enter the parking structure.
- Drive up to the 5th level (rooftop) which is the DESIGNATED parking area for DeVry University visitors.
- Once on the rooftop, park and scan your ticket at the scanning machine* located on the wall to the left of the Emergency Exit stairwell near the Comerica Building. That machine should stamp your ticket with an “F”.
You may wish to locate the machine and scan your ticket prior to parking
- The rooftop scan is TIME SENSITIVE. You have 15 minutes* from the time you enter the Galleria parking structure at the self-park entrance to scan the ticket you received at entry on the rooftop. Scans completed After 15 minutes are NOT accepted as validated by Galleria parking staff and are subject to posted parking rates.
The current weekday rate is $2.20 every 15 minutes, with a daily maximum of $22
*Please note: If you do not complete the rooftop scan (Step 4) within 15 minutes, the validation machine in the Admissions/Student Central office will be unable to read your ticket. Without proper validation, you will be subject to pay the regular parking rate mentioned above when exiting.
- Visitors should validate their scanned ticket at the DeVry University campus Front Desk.
When validated properly the “F” on your ticket will be covered with an “H"
- The current weekend daily maximum is $3:
-No validation is required for this rate
-No designated parking area; parking is open per general Galleria parking availability -The weekend rate/maximum is in effect Monday-Friday if entering at 4pm or later
*DEVRY UNIVERSITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE GALLERIA PARKING CHARGES*
Postponement / Cancelation
Please refer to the Cancellation Policy page for details
This event may be canceled or postponed by the Chapter, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be sent to all registrants via email.
Question or Comments