Topic: Certified Scrum Master Certification
The PMI-LA Chapter, together with Platinum Edge, is pleased to hold a Certified ScrumMaster training at Courtyard by Marriott - Culver City on September 16th -17th. This highly interactive certification course provides an in-depth understanding of the Scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of Scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling.
Please register through the Platinum Edge website: https://platinumedge.com/event/certified-scrummaster-281
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define Scrum teams and procedures
- Support Scrum teams and procedures
- Serve as resources on Scrum
- Use Scrum tools
A small sampling of what you'll get:
- Certified ScrumMaster training by the Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) selected by Wiley and Sons to author their iconic “Agile Project Management for Dummies” series.
- All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few agile consulting firms that have been in business for over a decade
- Post-course assessment and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
- Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMI’s PMP and PMI-ACP certifications in Technical PDU Category by a PMI Registered Education Provider®
- Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance
- A 132-page student guide for note taking and future reference
You will receive a certified Scrum Master Certificate from Scrum Alliance after you complete the course and take the test.
About the Speaker:
Mark C. Layton is an organizational strategist and PMI certification instructor with over 20 years in the project/program management field. He is the Los Angeles chair for the Agile Leadership Network, is the author of the international Scrum for Dummies and Agile Project Management for Dummies series and is the founder of Platinum Edge, LLC—an organizational improvement company that supports businesses making the Waterfall-to-Agile transition.
Prior to founding Platinum Edge in 2001, Mark developed his expertise as a consulting firm executive, program management coach, and in-the-trenches project leader. He also spent 11 years as a Cryptographic Specialist for the US Air Force, where he earned both Commendation and Achievement medals for his accomplishments.
Mark holds MBAs from the University of California, Los Angeles, and the National University of Singapore; a B.Sc. (summa cum laude) in Behavioral Science from Pitzer College/University of La Verne; and an A.S. in Electronic Systems from the Air Force’s Air College. He is also a Distinguished Graduate of the Air Force’s Leadership School, a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), a certified SCPM (Stanford University Advanced Project Management), and a certified Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC).
(Registration will be done through the Platinum Edge website)
Sale Ends (All times US Pacific)
- Early Bird Pricing until August 19, 2017 - $850.00
- Standard Pricing until September 12, 2017 – $975.00
- Just In Time Pricing until September 14, 2017 - $1,100.00
Please go to the Platinum Edge website to register for this event
PMPs will receive a total of 16 PDUs within the following categories:
- Technical Project Management: 6 PDUs
- Strategic & Business Management: 2 PDUs
- Leadership: 8 PDUs
Courtyard by Marriott
6333 Bristol Parkway
Culver City, CA 90230
Free parking at the Courtyard Marriot. Validate parking ticket at the registration desk.
Changes or Cancellations:
Please refer to the Platinum Edge website. Registration will be done through Platinum Edge