04/19/2018 - Thursday, 7:30 am – 9:00 am
Speaker: Byron Parson, PMP
Topic: Managing Your Leadership Power, Part 2
No registration required!
Over the years Byron has advised professionals across the U.S. as well as internationally. Whether the topic is career, relationships, or personal development, a common obstacle has been self-management. Breakthroughs were realized in all areas when the proper perspective was gained and a reality-based identity was embraced.
PMI presents 5 types of power:
- Formal or Legitimate Power
- Reward Power
- Punishment Power
- Expert Power
- Referent Power
One's self-management (perspective and identity) either enhances or detracts from the influence inherent in any of the 5 forms of power.
Self-management is essential in Byron's interactions with senior management and challenging stakeholders on projects at Health Advocates. For many project managers perspective and identity explains their professional progress or stagnation.
About the Speaker
Byron Parson presently serves as the senior most project manager for Health Advocates LLC, working daily with executives, functional area managers and major stakeholders. Together we establish strategic plans and objectives for individual departments as well as company-wide projects. Byron is responsible for the management of a portfolio of projects undertaken by the firm.
In concert with senior operational leaders, optimize workflows and procedures, develop algorithms to enhance business decisions, and automate manual data extraction and integration activities. Together we align projects with corporate strategy and prioritize initiatives according to quantitative value.
7:30am - 7:45am Networking, and PMI Announcements
7:45am - 8:45am Presentation
Armstrong Conference Room
100 W. Walnut St.
Pasadena, CA 91124
- Enter the Parsons open lot from either Holly Street or Walnut Street. Take a ticket when you come in.
- Park anywhere on the West side of the building in the open parking lot.
- Parking ticket will be validated at end of meeting.
- Please use the West entrance of the building, there will be a security desk on your right side.
- Sign in with this information: Parsons Contact: Kevin Fichtner; Building: A2, Ext: 3172
- You will be assigned a temporary badge – Armstrong conference room is on first floor on left hand side just beyond the elevators and escalators.
1 PDU in Strategic and Business Management
Postponement / Cancellation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.