05/17/2018 - Thursday, 7:30 am – 9:00 am
Speaker: Pam Wiedenbeck
Topic: “Tree Frog Night” 2019 Rose Parade float
No registration required!
Panda-Monium was the winner of the Bob Hope Humor Trophy at the Rose Parade earlier this year.
We will discuss the milestone management and application of 2018 lessons learned necessary to get an all-volunteer float into the Tournament of Roses Parade.
We will discuss how even a simplified float does not necessarily mean a project without drama.
Pam Wiedenbeck is an experienced project manager with more than 30 years of experience leading projects of all sizes, as well as training the next generation of project managers. She is currently a contract instructor of Project Management for The Caltech Center for Technology and Management Education.
Ms. Wiedenbeck earned a B.S. in Physics from the University of Michigan and an M.S. in Planetary Science from The California Institute of Technology. She later completed the Executive M.B.A. program at The Peter F. Drucker and Masotoshi Ito Graduate School of Management at The Claremont Graduate University. She is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and an active member of the PMI Los Angeles Chapter. She is currently serving as Treasurer for The La Canada Flintridge Tournament of Roses, as well as continuing as a volunteer for the Pasadena Tournament of Roses and the Southern California Genealogical Society.
- 7:30AM - 7:45AM - Networking and PMI-LA Announcements
- 7:45AM - 8:45AM - Presentation
- 8:45AM - 8:50AM - Wrap Up
Armstrong Conference Room
100 W. Walnut St.
Pasadena, CA 91124
- You can enter the Parsons open lot from either Holly Street or Walnut Street. Take a ticket when you come in.
- Park anywhere on the east side of the building in the open parking lot.
- Please use the east entrance of the building, there will be a security desk on your left side.
- Sign in with this information: Parsons Contact: Kevin Fichtner; Building: A2, Ext: 3172
- You will be assigned a temporary badge – Armstrong conference Room is on first floor on right hand side just beyond the security desk.
1 PDU in the Technical category
Postponement / Cancellation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.