Los Angeles, CA
PMI Global Conference 2018 is coming to Los Angeles
PMI® Global Conference 2018 is the flagship event, attracting thousands of like-minded professionals for three days of top-notch learning, networking and fun. By attending, you’ll build instantly applicable skills, hear from high-energy speakers and form lasting friendships. All while celebrating being part of a global community of change champions.
Why Should You Attend?
- Choose from 100+ of hands-on educational sessions
- Learn new practices and approaches you can apply
- Hear from inspirational keynote speakers and experts
- Share insights and socialize with fellow professionals.
- Visit the exhibit hall. A one-stop show to products and services
PMI has negotiated discounted rates at the following hotels
SeminarsWorld® offers hands-on, intensive courses for small groups who want to gain a deep understanding of a single topic. SeminarsWorld® courses have much to offer on their own, but they also complement the sessions at PMI® Global Conference, and if you register for both events together, it’ll cost you less than if you register separately.
Sponsor and Exhibits Opportunities Need to Convince your Boss?
We’ve drafted a letter to help you to make the case. Justification to Boss Email (Template)
The PMI-LA Chapter welcomes you to sunny Southern California and looks forward to sharing our city in October with some interesting and fun events.
Be a Conference Volunteer! You will be glad you did!
Experience and participate in the conference action by volunteering on-site at the 2018 PMI Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) and the Global Conference sessions – October 4 – 8, 2018.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience as it affords you the opportunity to give back to your profession and chapter. Having the Conferences in our own backyards is a unique professional opportunity.
Benefits from Volunteering
- Opportunity to build strong relationships with your Chapter peers
- Expand your professional network- volunteers are encouraged to network during breaks/lunches
- Add to your skill set
- Expand your knowledge - access to presentations and papers post event
Global Conference Overview
Provides professional development, networking, information sharing and learn from project practitioners from the region and around the world.
Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) Overview:
Provides PMI Chapter volunteer leaders with an opportunity to advance and build leadership skills and offer face-to-face opportunities to network with and learn from fellow PMI volunteer leaders from the region and around the world.
- Time commitment is (1) one full day.
- Shifts are approx. 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
(Exact times to be confirmed during Volunteer Orientation Webinar)
Applications are currently being accepted on the VRMS system on the PMI.org website. So, check your calendars and join us for one of the days!
To access the VRMS system and find detailed information about these opportunities and how to submit your application go to:
- Log in with your PMI ID and password (if you need help with this contact PMI Customer Care)
- Click on “View and Update Volunteer Profile” link. Make sure your profile is up to date; especially your email address
- Click on “Find An Opportunity” link
- Select “United States” in the first line
- Select “California” in the 2nd line
- Select “Los Angeles Chapter” in the 3rd line
- Press Search button
- The list of 5 opportunities will be displayed. Select the one you wish to apply for.
- More detailed information about each volunteer opportunity is in their descriptions
- Look for the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of each page.
To get more information or questions, please contact Barb Cooke, PMI-LA Conference Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.