Be a Conference Volunteer! You will be glad you did!
Experience and participate in the conference action by volunteering on-site at the 2018 PMI Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) and the Global Conference sessions – October 4 – 8, 2018.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience as it affords you the opportunity to give back to your profession and chapter. Having the Conferences in our own backyards is a unique professional opportunity.
Benefits from Volunteering
- Opportunity to build strong relationships with your Chapter peers
- Expand your professional network- volunteers are encouraged to network during breaks/lunches
- Add to your skill set
- Expand your knowledge - access to presentations and papers post event
Global Conference Overview
Provides professional development, networking, information sharing and learn from project practitioners from the region and around the world.
Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) Overview:
Provides PMI Chapter volunteer leaders with an opportunity to advance and build leadership skills and offer face-to-face opportunities to network with and learn from fellow PMI volunteer leaders from the region and around the world.
- Time commitment is (1) one full day.
- Shifts are approx. 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
(Exact times to be confirmed during Volunteer Orientation Webinar)
Applications are currently being accepted on the VRMS system on the PMI.org website. So, check your calendars and join us for one of the days!
To access the VRMS system and find detailed information about these opportunities and how to submit your application go to:
- Log in with your PMI ID and password (if you need help with this contact PMI Customer Care)
- Click on “View and Update Volunteer Profile” link. Make sure your profile is up to date; especially your email address
- Click on “Find An Opportunity” link
- Select “United States” in the first line
- Select “California” in the 2nd line
- Select “Los Angeles Chapter” in the 3rd line
- Press Search button
- The list of 5 opportunities will be displayed. Select the one you wish to apply for.
- More detailed information about each volunteer opportunity is in their descriptions
- Look for the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of each page.
To get more information or questions, please contact Barb Cooke, PMI-LA Conference Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.