08/16/2018 - Thursday, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
Speaker: Seyi Kuks
Topic: Influencing Others During Interviews
Ever had trouble persuading your interviewer(s) to hire you, even if it was in their best interest? Sometimes people don't see that you are valuable, but thankfully you have more rewards to show at your disposal. Join Seyi Kuks, as he explains how to influence others when you're at the "interview of your life," by applying a few scientifically confirmed methods.
Whether you're looking for a new job or looking to grow within your current organization, you'll learn how to best show your skills, align the conversation based on your situation, and have people want to hire you.
- Scientific Methods of Influencing others
- Effective Listening Techniques
- Asking the right questions
- Selling your skills
Seyi Kuks is a project planning and scheduling specialist.
Seyi has experience on projects in a broad range of environments that include Walt Disney, Intel Corporation, Los Angeles World Airports, PG&E, Oceaneering, and Talisman Energy. He is also a Learning Author with LinkedIn Learning, teaching on how to effectively manage projects for OTD.
He manages projects effectively and builds accurate schedules using a variety of management techniques and software tools, including the PMBOK Guide, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, and Microsoft Excel. He is also a host for in-person and live-webinar training workshops on Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, and other project management topics.
When not focused on projects, he enjoys running, watching NBA basketball, mentoring others, and relaxing with friends. You can find him on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/seyikuks/.
Cost for this Event:
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Registration and Networking
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Influencing Others During Interviews
PMP's will receive 1 PDU in the Leadership category.
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
15301 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
- Enter through the Self-Park Sepulveda Blvd entrance, on Galleria Gateway. Please enter through the far right lane ONLY. There is a sign at that lane that states “DeVry Student/Faculty parking”.
- Pull a parking ticket. Enter the parking structure.
- Drive up to the 5th level (rooftop) which is the DESIGNATED parking area for DeVry University visitors.
- Once on the rooftop, park and scan your ticket at the scanning machine* located on the wall to the left of the Emergency Exit stairwell near the Comerica Building. That machine should stamp your ticket with an “F”. You may wish to locate the machine and scan your ticket prior to parking
- The rooftop scan is TIME SENSITIVE. You have 15 minutes* from the time you enter the Galleria parking structure at the self-park entrance to scan the ticket you received at entry on the rooftop. Scans completed After 15 minutes are NOT accepted as validated by Galleria parking staff and are subject to posted parking rates.
The current weekday rate is $2.20 each 15 minutes, with a daily maximum of $22
*Please note: If you do not complete the rooftop scan (Step 4) within 15 minutes, the validation machine in the Admissions/Student Central office will be unable to read your ticket. Without proper validation, you will be subject to pay the regular parking rate mentioned above when exiting.
- Visitors should validate their scanned ticket at the DeVry University campus Front Desk. When validated properly the “F” on your ticket will be covered with an “H"
- The current weekend daily maximum is $3:
- No validation is required for this rate
- No designated parking area; parking is open per general Galleria parking availability
- The weekend rate/maximum is in effect Monday-Friday if entering at 4pm or later
*DEVRY UNIVERSITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE GALLERIA PARKING CHARGES*
Light Snacks and Coffee
Postponement / Cancelation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
Questions or Comments:
Contact the Professional Development team