09/20/2018 - Thursday, 7:30 am – 8:50 am
Speaker: Lorraine Frost
Topic: Leadership within a Sea of Leaders
No registration required!
As a project manager you have responsibilities to oversee many activities within the project, but where does leadership come in? Not only do you have to influence leaders and stakeholders, but you also must be a leader yourself. Let’s discuss the many pathways to leadership and discover ways to lead from any position.
About the Speaker
Mrs. Lorraine Frost, MA, PMP, CSM, CISM, a native Californian, has thirty-eight (38) years of experience in information technology, with twenty-eight (28) years at the management level. She earned her BA and MA in Psychology, in addition to, earning her BS in Computer Science at California State University, San Bernardino. Mrs. Frost currently freelances as a Cyber Security Consultant after her recent departure from Mount Saint Mary’s University as the Chief Information Officer.
Her areas of responsibility included academic computing, administrative computing, telecommunications, networking, information security, technology infrastructure, mobile applications, web services, ADA compliance, identity management, virtual environments, cloud strategies, disaster recovery and business continuity. She has extensive knowledge in programming, systems development, project management, cyber security and contract negotiations.
Mrs. Frost is affiliated with several professional organizations (PMI, ISACA, ISSA), and holds three credentials: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM). She sits on the Board of Directors of the ISSA Education Foundation which provides student scholarships for aspiring Cyber Security Professionals. In 2009, she graduated from the Educause Frye Leadership Institute. She was also recognized in 2012 as the Outstanding Leader of the Year in Security Industry by Info Security Products Guide, as well as, a Women of Distinction from the 63rd State Assembly District in California. Mrs. Frost is a member of the PMI, Los Angeles Chapter and both the Inland Empire and Los Angeles Chapters of ISSA.
- 7:30am - 7:45am Networking, and PMI Announcements
- 7:45am - 8:45am Presentation
Armstrong Conference Room
100 W. Walnut St.
Pasadena, CA 91124
- Enter the Parsons open lot from either Holly Street or Walnut Street. Take a ticket when you come in. Parking ticket will be validated at Security Desk.
- Park on the east side of the building in the open parking lot.
- Enter the building through the east entrance, there will be a security desk on your left side.
- Sign in with this information: Parsons Manager: Kevin Fichtner; Building: A2, Ext: 3172 626.440.3172
- You will be assigned a temporary badge
- Aroma Café is found on the same floor as the Armstrong meeting room. As you come in the building on the west side, turn right just past the security desk. They have coffee, sodas, rolls for sale.
1 PDU in Leadership
Postponement / Cancellation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.