12/04/2018 - Tuesday, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
University Center at the College of the Canyons
Speaker: Pan Kao
Topic: Effective Communication Strategies - Negotiating
Communication strategies are the key to successful project communication and stakeholder’s engagement. Being able to communicate effectively is the most important of all project management skills. Learn simple yet powerful strategies & tips that will help you and your projects to:
• Negotiate Desired Outcomes
• Learn How To Change Minds
• Persuade with Power
• Deliver Effective Presentations
• Realize Project Benefits
About the Speaker:
Pan Kao has been a Sr. Program/Project Manager, Adjunct Professor and Consultant for over 30 years. Companies he has worked for include Honda North America, Inc. and FileNET. For the last 18 years, he has been successfully managing programs / projects and creating project management cultures at Honda for the following business areas: IT, auto, finance, trade compliance, and legal divisions.
Pan has earned his PhD degree in Management – Leadership and Organizational Change from Walden University in 2011. Currently, he is an adjunct professor of the Business Information Technology Program at Minot State University, North Dakota.
Pan has been an active volunteer leader for both Project Management Institute (PMI) and Toastmasters International for over 15 years. Through these two organizations, he has honed his skills of leadership, communication, and project/program/portfolio management. His major accomplishments include:
- Served as a member of the Board of Director of PMI Los Angeles Chapter 2010-2013, including as the Chapter President in 2012 and received PMI Chapter of The Year Award – Community Outreach Category.
- Served as the Toastmasters Founder’s District Director 2015-2016.
- Served as a member of the core team of the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition 2016-2017, responsible for the Cost and Procurement Management Knowledge Areas.
- Currently serving as a Trustee of the PMI Los Angeles Chapter.
$15 - PMI-LA Members and Non-Members
(Registration fee is to cover the cost of the meal)
5:30 - 6:00 PM Registration & Networking
6:00 - 6:15 PM Light Meal
6:15 - 7:30 PM Featured Speaker
7:30 - 8:00 PM Meeting Adjourned with Closing Statement
1.0 PDU in Leadership
University Center at College of the Canyons
Employee Training Institute
2nd Floor – Room #205
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
View campus map >>
Free Parking at lot 14
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
Questions or Comments:
Contact North LA County Meeting Director