REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
03/21/2019 - Thursday, 7:30 am – 8:50 am
Speaker: Carolina Caro, MS MBA PCC
Topic: Enhancing your Influence
Imagine what it would be like if you had more influence by tapping into your personal power to exercise and better manage your relationships with colleagues at any level within your organization.
Unlike positional power, that is rooted in authority and leaves others feeling diminished, personal power gives others permission and space to feel empowered. This type of influence originates from mastering three dimensions: our character (who we are), our communication skills (what we are broadcasting) and our confidence (how we embody the former).
When we take accountability for stepping into and owning those three dimensions, the ability to influence and manage up, down and across the organization becomes simply an extension of our expression of personal power. In other words, we are empowered to take responsibility for our work environment when we manage up. We invite and celebrate others for managing their work environment when we manage down. We encourage and uplift our peers to manage their work environment when we manage across. This workshop provides individuals an opportunity to explore and heighten their self-awareness regarding the various factors that contribute to creating an influential presence irrespective of their level within the organization.
In this workshop participants will learn to:
- Explore the three dimensions of personal power and assess how they might be amplifying or detracting from their ability to influence others
- Recognize how your personal power contributes to shaping your perceived capacity to manage up, down and across the organization
- Devise a personalized action plan to strengthen your personal power, and as a result, your level of influence across the organization
About the Speaker
Carolina Caro is a certified Leadership Coach, Facilitator and professional Speaker who partners with organizations to support leaders in breaking through plateaus by tapping into potential. She empowers diverse leaders to be more EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT, ENGAGED & EMPATHETIC.
She specializes in mindfulness-based practices rooted in neuroscience, which cultivate insight and awareness so that individuals can better understand how their habits amplify or diminish their leadership capabilities.
She trained with IPEC (Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching) and is a member of the ICF (International Coaching Federation), where she maintains her credentials (PCC) in compliance with the ethical guidelines and the continuing education requirements of the ICF. She is also an established speaker who has earned her designation as a professional member of the National Speakers Association and was recently invited to join the Forbes Coaches Council.
Carolina is a passionate advocate for diversity, which has shaped every aspect of her life. She is proud of her multicultural upbringing as a Montreal native with both Hispanic and Indian roots, fluent in English, Spanish and French. Her educational background is just as rich and diverse, with an undergraduate degree in Cell and Molecular Biology, a Masters degree in Science (Experimental Medicine), a Masters degree in Business Administration, and a professional certificate in acting from the Neighborhood Playhouse School of Theatre in New York. Her career has taken her from medical research laboratories studying HIV/AIDS and advances in radiation oncology, to sales and brand management positions for top Fortune 100 companies to an array of artistic accomplishments as a member of the Screen Actors Guild American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA).
Carolina is a resident of Pasadena and honored to play a role in developing community leaders, as the leadership coach and facilitator for the non-profit organization, Leadership Pasadena. Learn more about Carolina at www.CarolinaCaro.com.
FREE - Registration is required
1 PDU in Leadership
- 7:30am - 7:45am Networking, and PMI Announcements
- 7:45am - 8:45am Presentation
Armstrong Conference Room
100 W. Walnut St.
Pasadena, CA 91124
- Enter the Parsons open lot from either Holly Street or Walnut Street. Take a ticket when you come in. Parking ticket will be validated at Security Desk.
- Park on the east side of the building in the open parking lot.
- Enter the building through the east entrance, there will be a security desk on your left side.
- Sign in with this information: Parsons Manager: Kevin Fichtner; Building: A2, Ext: 3172 626.440.3172
- You will be assigned a temporary badge
- Aroma Café is found on the same floor as the Armstrong meeting room. As you come in the building on the west side, turn right just past the security desk. They have coffee, sodas, rolls for sale.
Postponement / Cancellation
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
Questions or comments