02/04 - 02/07, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
DeVry University, Sherman Oaks
Provider: Steve & Greta Blash
Topic: PMP® Certification Intensive Bootcamp
Project Management Professional (PMP)® is a credential offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education, and competency to lead and direct projects. This certification increases your marketability to employers and potentially at a higher salary.
The PMP® designation shows your current (and potential) employer(s) that you have a mastery of managing project work and a good grasp of project management concepts and standards.
Some of the reasons why it is important to obtain the PMP® certificate:
- Shows your commitment to the project management profession. When you earn a PMP® Certification, you show peers, supervisors, and clients your commitment to go the extra mile and contribute to the team’s success.
- Recognizes your knowledge, skills, and abilities. PMI® serves as an unbiased endorsement of your project management knowledge on a global level.
- Reflects Achievement. It shows that you have demonstrated excellence in the field by meeting standard requirements established by global project management practitioners.
- Allows for greater recognition from peers. PMP® credential holders gain increased recognition from their peers for taking the extra step in professional development.
- Lead you to better career opportunities and advancement. PMP® Certification identifies you as a practitioner who has demonstrated competency in project management processes as well as knowledge and experience in specialty areas of project management based on industry standards.
- Prepares you for greater job responsibilities. It indicates your willingness to invest in professional development. This enables credential holders an awareness of changing processes and terminology in the field of project management.
- Improve skills and knowledge. Preparation for a PMI® credential requires intensive study and review of current project management processes. Earning a credential highlights your knowledge and competence and proficiency in your practice.
- Builds self-confidence. With a PMP® credential, you define yourself beyond a job title while gaining a sense of personal satisfaction.
- Introduction to PMBOK®
- Foundation of the Framework
- Initiating the Project
- Planning the Scope
- Planning the Schedule
- Planning the Budget
- Subsidiary Plans
- Stakeholder, Communications, Knowledge, Resource Management
- Quality and Risk Management
- Monitoring and Controlling the Baselines
- Project Procurement Management
- Closing the Project
- Professional Responsibility
- Exam Review
This intensive course also includes a comprehensive workbook with tips on how to answer the exam questions and sample exam questions at the end of each section. This training and review gives the participant a distinct advantage to answering very difficult questions correctly and increases your probability of passing the exam the first time.
About the Instructors
Instructors have over twenty years of training and consulting experience in the areas of project management, facilitating business requirements and agile software development. They hold PMP®, PMI-ACP®, and PMI-PBA® certifications and have held several PMI® chapter board and Region 7 positions. They volunteered to provide recommendations for improving the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition and they also have taught the entire PMI® GAC-approved Masters of Project Management (MPM) at Devry/Keller University.
Facilitated Methods is dedicated in assisting you to continually improve your ability to deliver business value and support the changing needs of your organization. This includes helping you understand various methods, tools, and techniques that are available and can be incorporated into your current project delivery methods.
Facilitated Methods is a division of Blash Enterprises, Inc.
- 20 - Technical
- 13 - Leadership
- 2 - Strategic & Business
- $1,245 - For Non-Members
- $1,095 - For Members (Must be logged in to receive the $150 Member Discount)
- Early Bird Discount through January 15 - $250
This event may be canceled or postponed, though all efforts will be made to avoid doing so. If canceled or postponed, notification will be made to all registrants via email.
Contact the Professional Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org