The Chapter Mentoring Program is intended to assist mentors and mentees in obtaining skills, career guidance and other growth opportunities while giving back and sharing past experiences and lessons learned.
For Mentees, the program offers a way to:
- Work through a current problem in managing a project.
- Obtain ideas for how to become more effective.
- Fast forward project management skills or solidify a specific skill to be applied in any situation.
- Increase PM competencies.
- Promote a professional relationship that fosters guidance and support during the mentee's development.
- Potentially increase the self-confidence of a new professional as he/she becomes familiar with a new role, increased responsibilities, or a new organizational culture.
- Challenge mentees to go further, take risks, set new goals, and achieve at higher personal and/or professional standards.
- Provide a forum for dialogue on professional issues and to seek and receive advice on how to balance new responsibilities.
- Match a new professional with an experienced professional in the field and promotes networking and visibility.
- Provide role modelling for professional leadership and facilitate the development of increased competencies and stronger interpersonal skills.
- Reflect the mentee's commitment to personal and professional growth.
For Mentors, the program creates the opportunity to:
- Give back to the profession by sharing knowledge and wisdom providing intrinsic satisfaction by helping an emerging professional develop to his/her potential.
- Have a meaningful impact on an individual's PM skill-sets.
- Create opportunities for experienced professionals to strengthen their knowledge base and improve communication skills.
- Enhance the leadership, teaching and coaching skills of mentors and encourages them to become more reflective practitioners.
- Create new support networks with other professionals in the field and promotes greater collegiality among professionals within and across institutions.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to personal and professional development of self and colleagues.
- Build deeper relationships with other PMI-LA members.
Ready to get involved? Use Mentoring Program Sign-Up Form to get in touch with us.