Our PMI Los Angeles Chapter is run strictly by VOLUNTEERS ONLY
No matter where you are on your project management or business analysis career journey, we've got volunteer opportunities to match your interests!
We encourage all our members to get involved, and help us make our chapter the best it can be! At the same time, volunteering will help you to grow and develop your experience and skills to be the best you can be too.
Please let us know if you're interested in volunteering by filling out the Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement.
If you are a current volunteer, please use the Volunteer Hour Log to track your hours.
- Meet project managers and business analysts in the local area (and even some that still volunteer with us remotely outside of our area too).
- Expand your network & build relationships: Our surveys tell us that the #1 reason for joining our chapter is our networking opportunities. With approx. 1600 local members, our chapter is the best place to nurture professional relationships and connect with other professionals in the Los Angeles area, and in multiple industries (IT, Healthcare, Aerospace, Entertainment, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, Education, and more). Chapter dinner meetings, roundtables, education seminars, and volunteer opportunities not only provide valuable learning towards your career development, they also put you in direct contact with your fellow professionals who could connect you to your next job. Some could even become a valuable reference for you.
- Pass on your skills and knowledge: Many members find it extremely gratifying to pass on their skills, knowledge, and invaluable experience to new or less experienced project managers and business analysts.
- Share your passion for project management or business analysis.
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDU's) for your certification renewal.
- Learn new resume-worthy skills. Learn from your peers. This is also an opportunity to hone and practice your leadership and soft skills in a non-threatening environment.
- Jump-start your resume: Whether you are new to the profession, between jobs, or working to develop towards your next job or promotion, your volunteer work with our local chapter will add value to your resume. "Giving back" to your profession demonstrates your generosity, hard-working attitude, and moral character, characteristics that any future employer would value.
- Give back: Help those in your community.
- Have a great time!
- Make a positive difference!
Ready to volunteer? Check out some of our open positions!